Friday, August 21, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 Prineville, OR
Today's short ride put us in Prineville about noon or 12:30 and that included lollygagging at a camp store across from Lake Ochoco (small store where they sell camping food and supplies and cold drinks). The road got extremely hot after that. Today's terrain was interesting. Starting at 3000 ft., we dipped down to 2500 ft. and then started a 16 mile climb up to 4720 ft. The climb, while long, was doable and the downhill was terrific - 31 miles at 1-2% grade - just the kind I like! I actually got up to 34 mph - a record on this tour. While climbing I noticed that nearly all the trucks were traveling in the opoposite direction from us. This is always a good thing. I stopped often to rest and get water. In Prineville there's not much to do. I've talked by cell to family and friends, blogged and read. Several of us walked down to Debbie Sue's for a light lunch. . . . Some have left comments on my blog which I really appreciate. I'm not smart enough, though, to respond. To the extent that internet is available, I have used the hotel's public pc, occasional library and once, a friend's E machine, to send out the blog. (Today, I'm at a lovely library in Sister's doing 3 days' worth from my journal.) Thanks for reading and for your comments or emails (taylorc38120@bellsouth.net)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment