Monday, August 31, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009 In the air . . .
As the plane leaves Portland for a short layover in Salt Lake City and then another leg to Memphis, the pilot just announced that the Three Sisters, Mt. Jefferson, and Mt. Hood are off to the left (I think) of the plane. Unfortunately the day is cloudy and there is no visibility from my seat in 21C. So, I say a final, non-visual "so long" to this beautiful area of God's creation. What a pleasure to cross the Cascades over McKenzie Pass and all the other mountain passes (Alpowa, White Bird, Old Winchester Rd. come to mind) that I crossed, as well as the coastal mountains which we seemed to cross several times over the final 3-4 days. . . .Ann C. and I met for breakfast today in the hotel, followed by final "so longs" with those who gathered in the lobby. This group became such a close knit bunch - many happy memories were made. . . . Several blog pages ago I hinted at my next adventure. Some know that I've signed up for the Northern Tier: West in June, 2010 - Anacortes, WA to Fargo, ND. And, I'm thinking the Death Valley Tour, which is one week in February, might provide a good warm-up ride! What better way to stay motivated re exercise and good health? . . . So long for now. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment