Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday, August 21, 2009 Sisters, OR - day off

Nancy B., my roommate, got up early for a short bike ride this morning with Vicki and Carolyn. I slept in a little but walked out about 7:00 to observe and take pictures of a herd of deer in the field adjoining the parking lot. An employee was feeding corn to the deer (can you believe it) and to the hundreds of tiny chipmunks. Now, I'm watching the birds on the feeders from the room. Late yesterday they were bluebirds; today I can't tell what they are. . . . Just got the best massage of my life! Lee really knew how to get the blood flowing to all the sore muscles. She also showed me a few exercises to help the sore arm. I've had a cup of really good coffee and good muffin at Angeline's and now am at the library, which is the nicest one I've been in. Their customer service is really good, as is their internet use policy. After finding the Post Office and mailing a few cards, I biked on back to the Best Western and soaked up some rays by the pool with a good book. Friends came in at 5:00 for a glass of wine before we walked across the street to Coyote Creek for a really good dinner. It's now 8:15 and time for bed after I read a chapter or two. It's been a great day off - very relaxing. Looking forward to McKenzie Pass tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment