Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 6, 2009 Walla Walla, WA

How wonderful to day of rest once in awhile. It's good for the body as well as the spirit. Got a good night's sleep but was wide awake at 6 am. Wandered down to breakfast about 7 and found most of the group there. Guess we're all accustomed by now to early rising. Enjoyed talking to one of my running group friends in Memphis. I knew they must be at Chick-fil-A having coffee after the usual 4 mile run around the Germantown Greenway. Spent a good while cleaning my bike and the poor chain is SO happy. I don't think its ever been so shiny. The gears have been behaving beautifully, especially after Rob tuned everything up for me and realigned one of the cables. A friend from Metter, GA, and I walked downtown for errands and lunch. My first stop was the PO to ship home about 2 lbs. of clothes. Found a really campy place, Mercantile's, for good lunch. Oh, I almost forgot. Before lunch we stopped in the Spring Valley winery tasting shop and enjoyed their samples. Also found the bike shop and made a couple of purchases. Nancy has been extremely helpful in assisting me with transferring pictures to my new flashdrive and also showing me how to add pictures to the blog. I'll add more as I am able to get on her Mac. Dinner tonight was across the street at Jacobi's, former train station - good Italian food served in the Pullman car.

No comments:

Post a Comment